- Format: two day trips working in tides and tidal areas
- Skill level: intermediate skills – no previous experience needed of paddling in tidal waters and crossing eddy lines
- Paddlers are ideally self-sufficient in terms of kayaks and kit
- Coaching will look at reading the water, understanding tidal flow, crossing eddy lines, rescues, avoidance tactics
Options for the two days include:
- Exploring the coastline and islands of the Sound of Luing which includes Belnahua, Lunga, Fladda and the Eilean Dubh isles. We’ll work with the tides and weather permitting – always a memorable day out.
- Exploring this moving water locations of Cuan Sound or the Grey Dog, using the tides to our advantage
- Circumnavigations of the Isle of Kerrera or the Isle of Seil
- Taking shelter on east coast of Luing and Shuna if too windy.