6 day sea kayak expedition – BOOK HERE
- 10-16 July 2022
- 6 days sea kayak touring around the stunning landscape of the north west coast
- The itinerary includes time to explore our surroundings / shuttle back to the start. Meeting Sunday 10th, paddling from Monday 11th.
- Suitable for improver/intermediate kayakers with some kayaking experience paddling in winds up Beaufort Force 4
- Wild camping in beautiful coastal locations
- £595 per person excl travel to start and finish, food.
The location and itinerary will be largely determined by the weather. The first choice is around the North west around Ullapool, Summer Isles, Scourie, Kylesku, Handa Island. The alternative if the weather is not amendable is to seek more sheltered coastlines.
You should be capable of paddling in winds up to force 4 and we will aim to be paddling for 5-6 hours a day, with the necessary breaks for food and rests. Please ask if you are not sure whether you have suitable experience. Opportunities for coaching will be available as part of our journey. Some wild camping experience and skills are desirable. Kayak and equipment hire is available.
Exact itinerary will be firmed up nearer the time and will be determined by the weather forecast.
Equipment and kit list
This is a wild camping trip, and you will need to be self-sufficient for the duration of the trips. If you are missing something please get in touch in advance and I’ll aim to help. I recommend all kit be packed into small dry-bags (about 5 litres) for going into your kayak hatches. If you haven’t camped from a kayak before I’d be delighted to help and advise.