Equipment and kit list for day paddles
- All personal kayaking equipment – including boat, paddles, buoyancy aid and spray deck – unless you have arranged to hire.
- I can supply kayaks, buoyancy aids, paddles and spraydeck, kayaking dry cag.
- To wear:
– Kayaking trousers and Kayaking jacket if you have them, alternatively thermal trousers/leggings with windproof trousers for over the top.
– Warm thermal base layer top
– Fleecey mid layer
– Kayaking shoes or old trainers/ water shoes or neoprene boots (they will get wet). Please ensure these have a strong sole for walking on slippery rocks and stones on beaches. If you have biggish feet, slimline foowear is better for fitting into the kayak.
– A extra-sized windproof jacket to put on at lunchtime. – this is strongly advised in anything other than summer months.
- To bring:
– A full change of thermal clothes to go in the kayak (just in case!). Please store these in a dry bag for going into a kayak hatch.
– Lots of layers to stay warm
– Water bottle and hot flask
– Packed lunch
– High energy snacks / chocolate bars
– camera (waterproof or in waterproof case)
– Warm hat
– Sunhat and suncream and sunglasses
– Any personal medication (inhaler, etc.)
– Personal first aid kit – I always take a first aid kit but it doesn’t harm to have your own personal supply of painkillers, anti-histamine, Sea sickness tablets etc.
– A small amount of cash just in case we find a coffee shop
- A towel
I will supply extra dry bags for clothing.
Let me know in advance if you need any additional kit for paddling.