Progressive sessions to develop your paddling skills over the colder months.
Dates for Winter 2019
- 9 February
- 9 March
- 30/31 March
A programme of half day sessions through the colder months in a sheltered location within half hour drive from Edinburgh.
- Open to all paddlers (over 18’s only)
- Choose afternoon or morning
- Paddle stroke practice development, rescue skills, fitness and flexibility
- Price £45 per session, £85 for a double session, £120 for all three sessions. £75 1-1 coaching, .
Would you like to avoid feeling rusty come the Spring? These short and sharp half day sessions are designed to maximise the short, dark winters days and develop new skills and make sure you’re sharp and ready for the new season. The sheltered location allows you to develop new skills without worrying about the weather. Afterwards we can warm up with a hot coffee/chocolate and homemade goodies.
Morning session: meet 9am, for getting on the water at 9.30. Off the water at 12noon followed by hot drinks and snack.
Afternoon session: meet 1pm for getting on the water at 1.30. Off the water at 4pm followed by hot drinks and snack.
Suggested coaching topics:
- Efficient forward paddling
- Turning your kayak
- Coping with windy conditions
- Steering with stern and bow rudders
- Close quarter manoeuvring
- Moving your kayak sideways
- Efficient deep water rescues techniques (optional for folk with dry suits)
- Towing options
Booking essential – To book please go to Book/enquire.
To bring / or to arrange to hire
- Kayak, paddle, spray deck, and buoyancy aid
- Paddling cag and waterproof overtrousers
- Warm thermal leggings or lined trousers, warm thermal base layer top, fleece mid layer
- Shoes appropriate for getting wet
- Wooly hat
- Snacks, and a drink
- An ‘Up for it attitude’