Equipment and kit list for day paddles
- All personal kayaking equipment – including boat, paddles, buoyancy aid and spray deck – unless you have arranged to hire.
- I can supply kayaks, buoyancy aids, paddles and spraydeck, kayaking dry cag, windproof trouser / kayaking trousers.
- To wear:
– Kayaking trousers and Kayaking jacket or thermal leggings or lined trousers with waterproof trousers over the top.
– Warm thermal base layer top
– Fleecey mid layer
– Kayaking shoes or old trainers/ water shoes or neoprene boots (they will get wet). Please ensure these have a strong sole for walking on slippery rocks and stones on beaches.
– A extra-sized windproof jacket to put on at lunchtime. – this is strongly advised
- To bring:
– A full change of thermal clothes (just in case!). Please store these in a dry bag for going into a kayak hatch.
– Lots of layers to stay warm
– Water bottle and hot flask
– Packed lunch
– High energy snacks / chocolate bars
– waterproof camera
– Warm hat
– Sunhat and suncream and sunglasses
– Any personal medication (inhaler, etc.)
– Personal first aid kit – as a guide I take a decent sized one but it doesn’t harm to have your own small supply of painkillers, anti-histamine, Sea sickness tablets
– A small amount of cash just in case we find a coffee shop
I will supply extra dry bags for clothing.
Let me know in advance if you need any additional kit for paddling.