6 day sea kayak improver week
- Sunday 31st May (evening) – Saturday 6th June 2020
- 6 days sea kayaking and exploring around the coastline of the far north west of Scotland including the islands of Handa, Oldany and surrounding waters
- Opportunities for coaching personal paddling skills, practicing some rescues
- Suitable for intermediate kayakers with experience paddling in winds up Beaufort Force 4
- Open to all paddlers (over 18’s only)
- Price £550 per person (price doesn’t include food, travel and accommodation)
- Kayak and equipment hire available £15 per day
- Ratio: max 1:3
We will be campsite based for our week and take advantage of the wonderful local paddling. We have rocky coastlines, sheltered fiord-like lochs and the stunning marine environment to explore.
The bedrock of this area is the ancient Lewisian Gneiss, the granulated pink granite is the oldest rock in the UK and some of the oldest in the world, around 3 billion years old.
You should be capable of paddling in winds up to force 4 for short periods. We would aim to be paddling for 5-6 hours a day, with breaks for food. Please ask if you are not sure whether you have suitable experience. Opportunities for coaching will a key part of the week.
To book please complete this form – a 25% deposit is required to secure booking.