Sea Kayaking day trips
- Dates: 22-23 Sept 2018
- Cost: £170 per person. (price excludes accommodation and food).
- Suitable for: beginners to beginner/intermediate kayakers.
Come and join us at Carry Farm on Argyll’s Secret Coast for a sea kayaking weekend. We’re hoping for a small group of female paddlers to enjoy some coaching and paddling trips in the famous Kyles of Bute. The female coaches will love to share their coaching skills and knowledge to build your confidence on the water incorporating journeys on the sea to explore the fantastic local area.
The weekend will aim to cover:
- how to launch and land safely in your sea kayak
- improve your forward paddling efficiency
- turning and manoeuvring your kayak with ease
- cope with windy conditions
- safety and rescue
- what to carry in your kayak and how and where to carry it.
Accommodation and location
The weekend is based at Carry Farm, near Tighnabruaich, Argyll, on the shores of the Kyles of Bute, and under two hours from Glasgow. The bunkhouse is just £20 per night, and offers a simple, quality accommodation with large kitchen and social area. The venue also offers camping, or luxury lodge accommodation. Visit Carry Farm www.carryfarm.co.uk to see for yourself.