4 days exploring the Atlantic Islands by sea kayak
- Friday 12th – Monday 15th July 2019
- 4 days sea kayaking and exploring around Oban and the islands of Kerrera, Seil, Luing and surrounding waters
- Suitable for improver/intermediate kayakers with experience in paddling in winds up Beaufort Force 3-4
- Open to all paddlers (over 18’s only)
- Price £320 per person (price excludes accommodation and food)
Around Oban, the islands of Kerrera, Seil, Luing and surrounding waters offer some of the best sea kayaking that Scotland has to offer. Seil, Easdale, Luing, Scarba, Shuna and the Garvellachs as well as numerous smaller islands are all different in geology and geography. This location has areas of tide, which can be avoided or we can time our passage for slack tide.
Please note, the itinerary will be flexible and based on the weather. If the weather forecast is looking settled we will pack our kayaks for 1-3 nights. If it is more challenging we will do day paddles from our base.
1. Campsite near Oban – Oban camping and caravan site. Big commercial site.
2. Bunkhouse and camping at Cuan Ferry for up to 3 people comfortably. 30 minutes drive from Oban. Van, tent and Motorhome parking is also available at this location. Accommodation details will be firmed up nearer the time.
- Kayak and equipment hire is available.
- Small group size. Early Booking recommended.
To book please complete form on contact and book page. A 25% deposit is required to secure booking.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask.
What to bring
Suggested maps: OS 1: 50000 55 & 49.
Day 0: I’ll be staying in the area on the evening before and would be happy to meet up.
Day 1: meet at the agreed meeting place at 9am. We will discuss our trip and our launch site and exact itinerary will be largely determined by the weather. We will allow plenty time to get ready and pack the boats (if that is the plan), enjoying a shorter paddle to get to our first campsite.
Day 2 & 3: The following days will be spent exploring our area
Day 4: A paddle back to our starting point during the afternoon on our final day.