4 days exploring the Atlantic Islands by sea kayak
- Friday 20th July – Monday 23rd July 2018
- 4 days sea kayaking and exploring around Oban and the islands of Kerrera, Seil, Luing and surrounding waters
- Suitable for improver/intermediate kayakers with some kayaking experience, including paddling in winds up Beaufort Force 3-4
- Open to all paddlers (over 18’s only)
- Price £320 per person (price excludes accommodation and food)
Around Oban, the islands of Kerrera, Seil, Luing and surrounding waters offer some of the best sea kayaking that Scotland has to offer. Seil, Easdale, Luing, Scarba, Shuna and the Garvellachs as well as numerous smaller islands are all different in geology and geography. This location has areas of tide, which can be avoided or we can time our passage for slack tide.
Please note, the itinerary will be flexible and based on the weather. If the weather forecast is looking settled for a few days we will pack our kayaks for 1-3 nights. If it is more challenging we will do day paddles from our base.
1. Campsite near Oban – Oban camping and caravan site. Big commercial site.
2. Bunkhouse and camping at Cuan Ferry for up to 3 people comfortably. 30 minutes drive from Oban. Van, tent and Motorhome parking is also available at this location.
Accommodation details will be firmed up nearer the time.
Kayak and equipment hire is available.
Small group size.
To book please complete form on contact and book page. A 25% deposit is required to secure booking.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask.
Equipment and kit list:
- All personal paddling equipment
- Kayaking equipment can be hired if prearranged
- Personal camping kit
- Lunch box, water bottle, flask
- Spare dry clothes for taking in the kayak each day
- Midge repellent and midge head net – essential!
A full camping kit list will be available on booking.
Suggested maps: OS 1: 50000 55 & 49.
Day 0: I’ll be staying in the area on the evening before and would be happy to meet up.
Day 1: meet at the agreed meeting place at 9am. We will discuss our trip and our launch site and exact itinerary will be largely determined by the weather. We will allow plenty time to get ready and pack the boats (if that is the plan), enjoying a shorter paddle to get to our first campsite.
Day 2 & 3: The following days will be spent exploring our area
Day 4: A paddle back to our starting point during the afternoon on our final day.